What is a certified refurbished unit?
A certified refurbished unit is a unit that has been returned to the manufacturer for a variety of reasons. While the unit may have some scratches from the normal use, the unit has been inspected by factory-certified technicians and meet the same standards as new units. In fact, they go through an exhaustive 12-point process prior to becoming available for resale.
What is the 12 point process that the manufacturer goes through in preparing these units for resale?
This 12 point process is followed by the factory-certified technicians and is as follows:
1. Outer case of unit is clean and free of deep scratches, cracks, or broken parts. Some normal wear may be evident.
2. Power cable is clean and fully operational, including the swivel on applicable models.
3. Brushes and climbing rings (where applicable) are clean and in good condition.
4. Tracks are operational and free from cracks or tears.
5. Power supply is clean, tested, and fully operational.
6. Diagnostic self test has been completed and passed.
7. Filter bags or cartridges (dependent upon model) have been replaced with new filters.
8. Amphenol plug (internal cable connector) has been cleaned and inspected.
9. Motor unit scan has been completed and motor unit is certified.
10. Software upgrades (where applicable by model) have been completed.
11. New shipping carton, with internal packing components, has been provided to ensure safe transit and delivery.
12. Operation manuals and warranty information are present in the box.
What comes with the unit?
The unit comes complete with the robotic cleaner, the power supply, brand new filters, and all supporting documentation that would come with a brand new unit. You don't need to purchase anything else to use the unit when you receive it.
Do they come with a warranty?
Absolutely! All of the certified refurbished units come with a one year warranty direct from the manufacturer. There's a common misperception that Dolphins purchased online don't come with a warranty. There are only certain NEW models that cannot be sold online; all certified refurbished units come with a one year warranty.
If you ever have an issue with your unit you would contact Pool Partz first and we would help you resolve the issue. If the unit requires warranty service, you would just need to provide us with the serial number of the unit and we would handle the warranty request after the manufacturer has determined the closest repair facility.